6/04/2011

Back to the basics

For several reasons I've decided to take some time away from the computer and get back to more hands on arts and crafts. Now don't get me wrong, I still LOVE creating digital illustrations! It's still my passion and I will continue to work on the computer whether it's to illustrate or do graphic design. But I was finding that I was on the computer ALL the time. I was working almost 24/7. If I wasn't sleeping or eating, I was seriously on the computer. After several health problems started to manifest themselves, that all came to a screeching halt. I soon realized that I needed to step back and heal. But I was going crazy not having that creative outlet that I loved so much. I was missing my time on the computer. Soon I found myself creating and designing in any and every way I could. Over the past several months I've been painting, drawing, making felt pins, creating cut paper art and even decorating sugar cookies in artistic ways. Wow, it's been fun! AND, I'm back to blogging if you haven't noticed ;) so I'm super excited to share all my new creations with you soon. For today, I will give you a sneak peek at some of my newest paintings on wood blocks.

Bird Painting (so far untitled) - Acrylics on Wood Blocks

I just love them so much! I've started several more this morning in different sizes. Can't wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin